Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Love Duane's Couch


art: Isn't Duane cute? I am supposed to be doing a graphite version, but I was so inspired by this puppy and his hip sofa that I can't stop painting him! (Lucky may be getting a bit jealous...)
architecture: I have a meeting with another contractor tomorrow to draw an addition to his house. Why since I've moved to NEPA have I only been hired by contractors? Does that mean they're smarter than the rest? Cheaper? Trying to take the easy way out, definitely. I hate working this way, but how can you say no when you need money and live in this market? Do I have to state that this market doesn't exactly appreciate good design. This guy said to me, "I don't want you to spend a lot of time on it." (What does that mean?) And I replied, "Believe me, neither do I."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this woman so much! She is the love of my life and an exceptional mother..... She does more for her family and friends than anyone I know and still remains relatively calm. I just want to say that you are a great artist, architect, teacher with exceptional abilities!

Happy Mothers Day.
I Love You
lar